Center of Excellence (CoE) Fire Testing of Studer Cables AG
Fire behavior is an important criterion for the use of products with safety-related requirements.
The fire laboratory (Center of Excellence Fire Testing) of Studer Cables AG tests and evaluates the fire behavior of cable materials and cable products. We carry out the following standardized fire tests:
- Material testing on plastics/compounds: Limited Oxygen Index (LOI) and Critical Temperature Index (CTI)
- Product testing: Fire tests on cables and wires (flame resistance, fire propagation, insulation retention, fire resistance).
- System tests: Testing the functional integrity of electrical cable installations and support systems under fire exposure in accordance with DIN 4102, Part 12.
Looking for a testing expert?
We offer standardized testing and certification for quality assurance, material development and product certification in our modern testing facilities. Contact us for reliable fire tests and highest safety of your products!
Our work is used for quality assurance, material and product development, certification and basic research into the fire behavior of products. At present, the following testing facilities are available at Studer Cables AG CoE Fire Testing on an area of just under 400m2:
- Material-related tests
- Freedom from halogens according to IEC 60754-1, EN 50267-2-1
- Corrosiveness according to IEC 60754-2, EN 50267-2/3
- LOI value (Limiting Oxygen Index) according to ASTM D2863, ISO 4589
- Critical Temperature Index (CTI)
- Smoke density BS 6401, ASTM E 662, NF X 10-702
- Product related tests
- Flame resistance according to IEC, UL, UIC, LV 112 etc.
- Fire propagation according to IEC, EN, BS, UIC
- Fire propagation incl. heat and smoke generation according to EN 50399
- Insulation integrity IEC 60331-ff, VDE 0472/814
- Impact test according to EN 50200
- Fire resistance according to BS 6387 (CWZ)
- Functional integrity of a cable system according to DIN 4102 Part 12
- Smoke density test according to EN 61034