Protection and security in buildings
The well-being of people and the protection of material assets in buildings are top priorities, whether private, public or industrial.
Cabling solutions in buildings
Building installation general
Safety in buildings is ensured by the cabling solutions of the building installation of Studer Cables AG.
Installation in the escape route
With tested and certified cables for escape route installations, Studer Cables ensures safety in emergency situations and offers you products that meet the highest safety standards.
Installation with circuit integrity
Studer Cables ensures that safety-relevant systems such as emergency lighting, smoke extractors and extinguishing water pumps function without interference and offers tested and certified cable systems with insulation and functional integrity for optimum safety.
Ensuring optimal escape conditions is a top priority. Escape routes must be kept free of fire and smoke to enable safe evacuation in the event of an emergency. Effective interaction of technical solutions and intelligent design is essential to save lives and minimize injuries. Maintaining the function of key electrical installations is essential to keep systems such as exhaust systems, emergency signaling and other important equipment running in the event of a fire.
Tested and certified safety
1. saving lives, 2. preventing fires and 3. minimizing consequential damage - these are the priorities when there is a fire. Cable systems must also make their contribution to this necessity, especially as the cable density in modern buildings is becoming ever greater. This is particularly important for power cables, because in the worst case they can cause a fire. How can cables contribute to positive behavior in the event of a fire, or what dangers do outdated, insufficiently fireproof cables pose? These questions can be divided into three topics:
- The cable must not contribute significantly to fire propagation. In particular, it must not spread the fire from one floor to the next. In addition, no falling or dripping parts should contribute to the spread of fire.
- Smoke and toxic gases should be avoided because they make safe building evacuation and emergency response difficult or impossible. Most fire deaths are caused by smoke and toxic gases, not by the fire itself. Therefore, this aspect actually deserves to be given top priority.
- After the fire, reconstruction is the next step. This is made more difficult if the fire has produced large quantities of corrosive fire gases, because these gases form corrosive acids (e.g. hydrochloric acid) which are finely distributed throughout the building far from the fire site and damage all metallic objects. Possible examples are: Reinforcing steel, metal structures, electrical installations, electronics, computer systems.
Studer Cables has been one of the world's leading suppliers of safety cables for years. We offer the best in fire protection that is currently feasible in cable technology. Our products impress with:
- Reduced fire propagation
- Reduced heat generation
- Low smoke emission
- Low acidity
- Reduced droplet formation
Our halogen-free and electron beam cross-linked safety cables convince, among other things, with lowest smoke gas emission and very high fire resistance with functional integrity in case of fire. Many of our cables are BauPV/CPR tested and various national and international certifications prove the quality of our products.
Protect buildings and people with forward-looking technology!
Rely on premium building installation solutions from Studer Cables to maximize safety in the event of a fire.
Also interesting for you
The safety and availability of technical equipment is a high priority. The Studer Cables product range of high performance cables for industrial applications offers cables with extreme taker qualities.
Studer Cables AG acts as a future-oriented, dynamic and sustainable company and is your professional for Swiss quality cable systems.